Using the Dragonfly Wood Site
‘feel better, grow better, learn better’
School groups and clubs can join us in the woods, or book the site for your own outdoor learning adventures. Costs are outlined below.
Any curriculum area can be planned for in the woodland, for a one-off event or a full term of regular sessions. Check our resources page to find ideas to take learning outside, or speak to a Dragonfly Wood practitioner.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability for your group.
Costs: We keep site hiring costs as low as possible, knowing the restrictions budgets can place on getting outdoors to learn. The Dragonfly Wood site is shared on a not-for-profit basis with costs covering indoor cleaning, provision of firewood and basic kit.
- Hire the site with a qualified forest school practitioner leading forest school or outdoor learning activities for your group: £75 per half day (Please note, these are usually booked for a minimum of one term or six weeks.)
- Hire the site for half a day: £10 per group (half day: 9.30 a.m. – 12.00 or 1.00 – 3.30 p.m. or 5.00 – 7.00 p.m.
Site hire includes
- full use of the site, including sheltered spaces and campfire* area
- woodstock for a campfire* in the Wood Shed (please collect and replace wood you have used).
- mains water and toilet facilities
- tea making facilities (electric and campfire)
- cups and spoons
- a copy of the site risk assessment
Kit to bring with you
- appropriate seasonal woodland clothing for the group
- refreshments, including tea bags, milk etc.
- packed lunches for full days
We ask that all groups leave the woodland and the sheltered spaces as they were found, in order to keep our costs to a minimum. Please take all rubbish home with you. Please wash up any cooking equipment used.
*Please note: for insurance purposes you will need to ensure your school or group insurance covers the following; the leader of your group to carry out your planned activities, including campfires, tool use or use of the climbing boulder, an appropriate ratio of adults to children. You will be asked to confirm this has been checked before bookings can be authorised. Please get in touch with any questions.
Practitioners holding a Level 3 Forest School award, and those completing ‘Fire and Tool Use with Young People’ with Natural Learning at Tamar Lake Forest School or the Dragonfly Wood will have covered the skills required to safely use the campfire area. Further information available from email@example.com or phone 01288 321474.